Commonsense Health.com is pleased to announce our Healthy Living Scholarship for 2016!
While education can be invaluable, it can also be a costly investment. At CommonSenseHealth, we’re proud to support students in the United States who invest in higher education.
Our Healthy Living scholarship program helps deserving students with their educational expenses by awarding one $1,000 scholarship to the winning applicant. The award is given directly to the student, not the attending college, therefore can be used for any expenses connected with attending college.
If you want to ‘go for it,’ you’ll need to meet the following criteria:
- Eligibility is for any student currently enrolled or scheduled to be enrolled in the fall/spring school year of 2016/2017 at any college, university, trade or technical school within the United States or Canada. Students must maintain a cumulative Grade Point Average of at least 3.0 (or the equivalent).
- Students must be 16 years or older at the time of enrollment.
- Only American citizens are eligible, or those who hold a valid student visa.
- The winner must to submit a photo for promotional purposes.
Interested and qualified students may choose ONE (1) question to answer in their ‘Healthy Living’ 2014/2015 *scholarship essay submission:
- What is the importance of a healthy lifestyle? Specify the benefits of healthy living, the symptoms of an unhealthy lifestyle, and natural ways to prevent poor health. Support with research.
- How has the importance of a healthy lifestyle changed over the past few decades? Provide evidence.
The winning essay will be chosen based on originality and creativity and must include the following three things:
- A title.
- A minimum of 500 words in length with a maximum of 1,000.
- Proper citations for any and all research material used.
Each applicant may submit only one essay for consideration. Submissions should be sent by e-mail along with a cover letter that includes the following information:
- Your legal name,
- mailing address,
- telephone number,
- a brief biography
- and the name of the school you’re enrolled in.
Application and essay should be sent to email@example.com and must be received no later than Thursday, December 1, 2016.
*Submitted essays will become the property of CommonsenseHealth.com. Commonsensehealth.com may use the applicants name, image, and biographical information in promotional efforts related to the Commonsense Health ‘Healthy Living!’ Scholarship Program.