If so, here’s a list of the most important foods to buy organic and natural. That way you can get the biggest organic bang for your bucks.
According to research, based on thousands of government tests, you can reduce your toxic pesticide exposure by a whopping 80% when you buy certain organic foods. But how do you know what to buy organic?
Below you’ll find a list of the 12 most important foods to buy organic.
There’s also a least contaminated foods list to help you choose between foods to buy organic and the safest conventionally grown foods to buy.
The Most Important Foods to Buy Organic
To greatly minimize your exposure to toxins and enjoy safer, healthier meals, you’ll want to buy organic versions of the foods that conventionally come with the heaviest burden of pesticides and hormones.
Starting with fruits and vegetables, the most important foods to buy organic (beginning with the most conventionally contaminated) are:
1. Celery, dried celery,
2. Peaches and nectarines,
3. Strawberries and blueberries,
4. Apples, apple juice and dried apples,
5. Sweet red, green and yellow bell peppers,
6. Most green leafy vegetables, especially choose
- Collard greens,
- And all types of lettuce,
10. GMO foods – Most conventional soybeans and corn are genetically modified. To avoid these GMO foods, buy organic versions.
11. Dairy products – most conventionally raised cows are fed grains with pesticides and injected with drugs, antibiotics and growth hormones.
12. Meat and poultry – To meet USDA requirements, organic meat and poultry must come only from animals that are fed organic feed, given no hormones or antibiotics and are generally allowed to free range.
Certified organic foods have this US Department of Agriculture symbol.
The Least Contaminated Foods to Buy
Not all conventionally grown fruits and vegetables have high pesticide levels. The Environmental Working Group found that the 17 non-organic fruits and vegetables below had little to no pesticide residue.
Fruits lowest in toxins and the least important to buy organic are:
- Kiwi fruit
The veggies are:
- Sweet peas
- Sweet onions
- Sweet potatoes
Now that you know answers to why eat organic and what to eat organic, it’s time to shop for the best natural and organic foods you can find.
But when considering eating organic and the most important foods to buy organic, be sure to remember that a growing fetus and children are much more susceptible and affected by pesticides and other toxins.
More CommonSenseHealth for you:
8 Natural Ways to Prevent Cancer
Top 10 Healthiest Foods for Eating Healthy Meals
Unhealthy Food to Avoid & Foods NOT to Eat
Eating Organic – Natural Organic Food Benefits