Best Way to Lose Weight Eating Healthy
But reaching and maintaining your healthy weight doesn't have to be confusing.
So really, what is the best way to lose weight eating healthy? Some say low fat, high carb. Some say low carb, high fat. Some say count calories. Others say counting calories means you're obsessive.
Some say the best way to lose weight is eating only healthy food. Others say don't deprive yourself, eat whatever you feel like eating.
The Best Way to Lose Weight Eating Healthy
No more nonsense! Here's proof for the best way to lose weight eating healthy and keep it off. Studies from the Weight Control Registry show that those who lose weight permanently follow these eight steps.
1. Change your mind for good. To lead a happy, healthy life with a permanently slender body, it's essential to change your self-image and eating attitude to a healthy point of view. You CAN learn to enjoy healthy food and feel satisfied eating less – IF you put your mind to it!
2. Create a supportive lifestyle. Those who lose weight and gain it back have failed to make the necessary mental, eating and lifestyle adjustments. Healthy permanent weight loss requires healthy permanent changes. So make a commitment to creating a new happy healthy lifestyle.
3. Eat a healthy low calorie diet. People successful at weight loss limit calories. They usually begin with a calorie chart, listing their numbers in a weight loss journal. They drink lots of calorie-free water and focus on filling high fiber and lean high protein foods with fewer calories per bite.
4. Be physically active regularly. Besides burning calories, exercise boosts your metabolism, builds lean muscle, removes toxins and helps you look and feel your absolute best. So start pumping up the activity.
5. Focus on calories, not pounds. Put away the scales and concentrate on healthy new habits and counting calories, instead of pounds. Once you've reached your goal, get out the scales and weigh yourself about once a week to make sure you stay within 5 pounds of your target.
6. Find healthy entertainment. Most people use addictive sweet, salty and rich fatty foods destructively – to reward, entertain or avoid. It's time to stop emotional eating and use healthier ways to soothe yourself.
7. Plan ahead and pay attention. Don't leave home without some raw veggies and lean protein. Steer clear of temptations like buffet tables. If you must be around tempting food, prepare yourself ahead of time.
8. Be both patient and persistent. Everyone wants to lose weight fast. But going too fast can be a speed trap that stops you in your tracks. Like the tortoise and the hare, slow and steady wins the race. Both your mind and body need time to adjust to each and every pound lost.
The best way to lose weight and keep it off is to follow in the footsteps of those who've proven they know how to lose weight eating healthy.
Articles you may also enjoy:
Healthy High Protein High Fiber Diet Plan
#1 Best Way to Lose – Weight Loss Journal
Top 10 Healthiest Foods for Eating Healthy Meals
Sugar Addicts Guide to Overcoming Sugar Addiction
Mozaffarian D, Hao T, Rimm EB, Willett WC, Hu FB. New England Journal of Medicine. Specific changes in Diet and other lifestyle behaviors for preventing long-term weight gain in women and men. N Engl J Med 2011;364:2392-404.
Swithers SE, Davidson TL. Behavioral Neuroscience. A role for sweet taste: calorie predictive relations in energy regulation. Behav Neurosci 2008;122:161-173.
Malik VS, Schulze MB, Hu FB. American Journal of Clinical Nutrition. Intake of sugar-sweetened beverages and weight gain: a systematic review. Am J Clin Nutr 2006;84:274-288.
McCullough ML, Feskanich D, Stampfer MJ, et al. American Journal of Clinical Nutrition. Diet quality and major chronic disease risk in men and women: moving toward improved dietary guidance. Am J Clin Nutr 2002;76:1261–71.
You'll also want to sign up to receive our free Common Sense Health Newsletter sent out weekly. This only makes good common sense!
Just enter your email address below:
Posted in: Weight Loss
By Moss Greene Google+
Digg this article!
Email this article