This glycemic index food list of low GI foods and high GI food is based on research from the Stanford Center for Disease Prevention.
Research consultants, Arianna Carughi, Ph.D., C.N.S. and Gene Spiller, Ph.D., C.N.S., designed the perfect glycemic index food list of low glycemic foods for optimum health, weight loss and blood sugar levels.
You’ll find two simple categories of glycemic index foods to choose from:
1. “Foods to Refuse” are high glycemic and/or unhealthy foods.
2. “Foods to Choose” are the healthiest low glycemic index foods.
Focusing on the low GI “Foods to Choose” list offers many health benefits:
- Enhances your moods,
- Lowers heart disease risk,
- Decreases the risk of cancer,
- Gives you sustained endurance,
- Helps reduce hunger and cravings,
- Reduces your risk of Type 2 diabetes,
- Improves memory and brain functioning,
- Lowers triglycerides and HDL cholesterol,
- Improves blood sugar and insulin sensitivity,
- Contributes to permanent healthy weight loss.
Scroll down for the list of protein, vegetables, fruit, breads & cereals, starchy foods, dairy, beverages, condiments and sweets & treats.
Glycemic Index Food List of High & Low GI Foods
Choosing wisely from our “Foods to Choose” glycemic index food list can help you design a healthy low GI diet of low glycemic foods. It’s the best way to achieve all of your health, fitness and weight loss goals.
More Commonsense Health for You:
Food Fat List of Bad Fat Good Fat
Low GI Diet of Low Glycemic Index Foods
Unhealthy Food to Avoid and Foods Not to Eat
Sugar Addicts Guide to Overcoming Sugar Addiction