Here’s the truth unveiled! Keeping a weight loss journal has proven to be the #1, most effective, best way to lose weight.
Studies show it’s not just what you’re eating, but that you’re writing it down in a weight loss journal that leads to healthy permanent weight loss.
“If you don’t measure it, you can’t manage it!”
This business success slogan also applies to the best way to lose weight and keep it off. To be successful with weight loss, you need to measure and manage your actions and reactions by using a weight loss journal.
Weight Loss Journal Benefits
Most people want to lose weight fast and easy. That’s understandable.
But, like the proverbial “get rich quick scheme,” the “lose weight fast and easy scheme” has NO foundation in reality and NO possibility of long term success. Fast and easy is actually the opposite of how successful weight loss works.
The best way to lose weight permanently requires patient persistent effort.
Keeping a weight loss journal makes us face facts about the lifestyle and food choices that we would rather forget. It helps us to take responsibility for the choices we make. This can be uncomfortable, but life changing.
The weight loss journal has eight great benefits. It helps you to:
1. Know just how much you eat. Once you stop kidding yourself and face the facts about what and how much you’ve been eating, you’ll naturally want to change and consciously start making healthier food choices.
2. Connect eating with feelings. Emotional eating is a common cause of overweight. You can use your weight loss journal to identify upsets, emotional triggers and comfort-food habits. Once you know the emotional causes, you can start handling your feelings in healthier ways.
3. Automatically reduce bingeing. Knowing you’re going to have to write down everything you eat can naturally stop you from reaching for that second helping or from choosing junk food over healthy foods.
4. Eat with conscious awareness. Writing down what you eat causes you to consciously observe and think about what and how much you’re eating. The more consciously aware you are, the less and better you will eat.
5. Keep accurate track of calories. Weight loss is a simple equation –consume fewer calories than you use. Calorie “ignorance” is bliss only temporarily – it soon turns into fat and distress. But just writing down your calories in your weight loss journal is the first step towards eating less.
6. Make healthier food choices. Many people overeat because they’re focused on something else. Writing down your food makes you aware of what you’re choosing and encourages you to make better food choices.
7. Track habit improvements. Your journal allows you to look back and see your progress – how you’re eating better and exercising more.
8. Reinforce your commitment. Every entry in your weight loss journal increases your intention and commitment to be fit, trim and healthy.
So you see, your weight loss journal is the #1 best way to lose weight and is absolutely critical to healthy permanent weight loss and maintenance.
And now that you know what’s the best way to lose weight, it’s time to start keeping a food diary, exercise and weight loss journal ASAP.