But stroke prevention works. And right now is the very best time to begin stroke prevention by learning how to prevent a stroke.
Your blood vessels carry vitally important oxygen and nutrients to your brain. A stroke is basically a brain attack, occurring whenever a blood vessel to the brain is either blocked by a blood clot or ruptures.
This interrupts blood flow and deprives that area of the brain of oxygen.
A stroke can kill off brain cells and result in speech impairment, movement disability, loss of memory and, in a third of all stroke cases, death!
How to Prevent a Stroke Naturally
Studies show at least 80% of all strokes can be prevented. So it only makes good sense to follow these 10 stroke prevention guidelines:
1. Eat a great heart healthy diet. Follow the 7 steps to prevent heart disease, including eating more high fiber foods, decreasing sodium intake and getting plenty of vitamin C, flavonoids and omega 3 fish oil.
2. Reduce your blood pressure. Healthy blood pressure is essential. If yours is high, do whatever it takes to lower blood pressure naturally.
3. Don’t smoke or use tobacco. If you smoke, quit as soon as possible.
4. Be active and exercise daily. Just 30 minutes of daily exercise and weight training can help you reduce blood pressure, cholesterol, triglycerides and stress, prevent diabetes and manage your weight!
5. Keep your cholesterol low. High cholesterol raises your risk of stroke. So if your cholesterol is high, learn how to lower cholesterol naturally.
6. Manage your triglycerides. High triglycerides also greatly increases your stroke risk. Find out how to lower triglycerides naturally and do it.
7. Eliminate or limit alcohol. Have no more than one drink a day.
9. Maintain a healthy weight. Weight loss can be a challenge. If you’re overweight, try using healthy permanent weight loss strategies that work.
10. Decrease stress and relax. Use stress management tips to find healthy ways to decrease stress and increase your ability to relax.
Stroke symptoms and results can vary, based on the type of stroke, whether it’s a major or mini stroke, the brain area affected and the damage inflicted. So it’s wise to know all 5 warning signs of a stroke.
Stroke prevention saves lives. And learning how to prevent a stroke naturally simply means following these 10 stroke prevention guidelines.
More Commonsense Health for You:
How to Improve Blood Circulation Flow
7 Steps to Lower Blood Pressure Naturally
Warning Signs of a Stroke & Stroke Symptoms
Sugar Addicts Guide to Overcoming Sugar Addiction