And although you can’t stop skin from aging, you can slow it down for younger looking skin.
Why are our skin care tips and layers of the skin diagram so important?
Your skin is the largest organ in your body. And it’s the only one exposed to all the environmental elements – like wind, heat, cold and sun. Plus, your skin is also the only organ exposed to the view of everybody else!
Layers of the Skin Diagram
Acne breakouts occur in the epidermis when hair follicles get plugged with excess oil and dead skin cells, leading to swelling and redness.
Allergic rashes and hives are the result of inflammation from fluids building up in the dermis. Itching is caused by irritated nerve endings in the area.
Seven Natural Healthy Skin Care Tips
As time goes by, skin tends to dry out, get thinner, wrinkle and develop age spots. But these natural healthy skin care and lifestyle steps can delay your skin’s aging process and help prevent many skin problems.
1. Protect your skin from the sun
Over time, sun exposure causes wrinkles, rough, dry skin, age spots and, even worse, it can lead to skin cancer. Take these sun protection steps:
- Avoid the strongest UV sun rays between 10 AM and 4 PM.
- Wear protective wide brim hats and clothing that covers your body.
- Use broad-spectrum sunscreen (SPF 15 or higher) and reapply often.
2. Don’t smoke and avoid smokers
Smoking and smoke exposure can damage your skin’s elasticity, rob your body of oxygen and important natural skin care nutrients, narrow blood vessels, and contribute to early wrinkles and much older looking skin.
Plus, smoking can lead to lung cancer and other degenerative diseases.
3. Eat an anti-aging healthy skin diet
An anti-aging diet consists of wholesome plant foods and lean protein. But diets high in saturated fats can increase the pace of aging and wrinkles.
Here are healthy foods that will help you to slow down your aging process:
- Olive oil,
- Omega 3 fish,
- And whole grains.
4. Stay hydrated with pure water
Dehydration makes skin look dry and saggy. But eight daily 8-oz cups of water helps flush out toxins and keep skin looking fresh and young.
5. Get enough rest and sleep
Your body needs rest to recharge itself and repair skin cells. Plus, you look better when you’re well rested. That’s why they call it “beauty” sleep.
6. Take gentle care of your skin
Using soap and makeup can strip away oils, dry out skin and make it look older. Only use nourishing products that make your skin look and feel soft. And always be gentle, especially with your face. Also make sure to:
- Use mild soaps and cleansers and totally avoid strong, drying soaps.
- Moisturize daily with a moisturizer that fits your skin type.
- Limit bathing time and use warm water instead of hot. Long exposure to water, especially hot water removes the oils from skin.
- After bathing, pat yourself dry leaving some moisture on your skin.
7. Relax, chill out and smile
Excess stress can cause skin problems like breakouts. And since frowning causes wrinkles, to have younger looking skin, remember to smile.
For healthy skin, use the skin diagram above to better understand natural healthy skin care. And then start following our 7 healthy skin care tips to reduce stress, chillax, enjoy yourself, smile and have a nice day!