Eating healthy from this list of healthy foods can help you to look younger, have more vibrant energy and stay healthy and fit.
But that’s not all the great benefits of eating healthy from the healthy foods list below.
By consistently choosing and eating healthy foods from this list of healthy foods, you can strengthen immunity, build better stamina and endurance, reduce feelings of stress and lose weight the healthy way.
You can even lower your LDL (bad) cholesterol better than statin drugs!
Plus, you’ll help protect yourself from painful degenerative diseases like diabetes, arthritis, strokes, heart disease, Alzheimer’s and cancer.
The Healthy Foods List for Eating Healthy
You don’t need to get a degree in nutrition to know the best foods for healthy eating and to make sure you get your important daily nutrients. Here’s your list of healthy foods for eating healthy every day.
- Healthy Vegetables: Choose most often from the vegetables list. Go mainly for the brightest colored veggies with the most vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. Focus on orange, red and dark green, like broccoli, kale, carrots, bell peppers, squash and tomatoes. Also use garlic and onions, which are great natural antibiotics that strengthen immunity and help prevent disease.
- Nutritious Fresh Fruits: From the fruits list, enjoy colorful fresh, frozen and (in limited amounts) dried fruit. Choose berries, oranges, peaches, apples, plums, cantaloupe, red grapes and other fruit low on the glycemic foods index, rather than juices or canned fruit.
- Wholesome Whole Grains: Select brown rice, whole grain breads and pasta, oatmeal and other whole grain high fiber foods instead of refined grains, such as white bread and white rice.
- Fish, Poultry and Meats: For healthy high protein foods, choose poultry (without the skin), eggs, beans, nuts and seeds. Include omega 3 fish, like salmon, sardines and albacore tuna, at least twice a week. If you eat meat, pick lean cuts and limit portion sizes.
- Eggs and Low Fat Dairy: Choose only low-fat dairy products, such as fat free or low-fat milk, cheese and acidophilus yogurt. Limit your use of butter and eat no more than one egg a day.
- Beans, Nuts and Seeds: Legumes and beans, like lentils, split peas, soy and kidney beans are good sources of both protein and fiber. Add to soups, salads and other dishes. Healthy nut and seed choices of are unsalted almonds, walnuts, and sunflower seeds. Nuts are high in calories, so keep portions small.
- Essential Oils and Fats: Get high quality good fat and essential fatty acids from whole grains, olive oil, raw nuts and seeds, avocados and omega 3 fish. Use olive oil for salads, stir-frying and baking. To help with weight management, eat fats sparingly.
It’s that simple! By focusing on choices from this list of healthy foods for healthy eating and eliminating the unhealthy foods to avoid and not to eat, you can have more energy, look younger and stay healthy and fit.
More CommonSenseHealth for You:
Food Calorie Chart of Healthy Foods
Healthy High Protein High Fiber Diet Plan
How to Stop Emotional Eating and Overeating
Top 10 Healthiest Foods for Eating Healthy Meals