And, in most cases, relieving constipation naturally with these seven steps is pretty easy too – IF you take it one step at a time.
To learn how to relieve constipation naturally just start using the natural constipation remedies and foods that relieve constipation listed below.
Of course, this requires making a few healthy lifestyle changes.
But since it’s so important to your comfort, health and happiness, you’ll probably be grateful for how little time it takes to learn how to relieve constipation naturally and take the steps to get things moving!
7 Constipation Home Remedies for Constipation Relief
Constipation is the most common digestive complaint in our “modern” society. And it can be a problem at any age. You know you’re constipated if you need to strain during bowel movements or you pass hard dry stools.
But, for most people, constipation relief is not difficult. All you have to do is follow these seven simple steps for relieving constipation naturally:
1. Drink 8 cups of water daily. Increasing your water intake is one of the easiest, most important things you can do to relieve constipation. Although liquids help wash waste and toxins out of your body, sodas, coffee, whole milk and alcohol can actually contribute to constipation. For fast relief, drink 10 to 20 ounces of pure water the first thing every morning.
2. Eat a high fiber diet. Choose healthy fiber rich foods from the list of high fiber foods with fiber content. Aim for at least 24 to 38 grams of fiber a day. Remember to always add new fiber foods gradually to give your body time to adjust. Changing your diet too fast can cause gas.
3. Exercise every day. Moving your body on the outside helps to keep things moving on the inside. It doesn’t much matter how you increase your daily physical activity. Just do it for at least 30 minutes a day.
4. Take fiber supplements. Even with a good, healthy high fiber diet, it can be difficult getting your 24 to 38 grams of fiber. You can buy mixed nutritional fiber supplements at most health food stores. And a morning fiber drink, combined with 20 ounces of water, can work wonders.
5. Avoid constipating foods. It’s also important to eliminate the foods that cause constipation, like pastries, cheese, ice cream, whole milk, processed foods, fatty meats and other foods with “hard” animal fats.
6. Squat to ease elimination. To have a healthy bowel movement, being in a natural squatting position helps. Do this by using a child’s step stool to put your feet on and raise your knees when you sit on the toilet.
7. Get healthy and fit. The healthier you are the healthier your elimination. Take natural supplements and, if your digestion is poor, include enzymes and probiotic foods. Since many medications cause constipation, improve your health to the point where you can reduce or eliminate all drugs.
As you can see, with these constipation remedies, constipation relief is not complicated. So get started right away learning how to relieve constipation naturally using our seven home remedies for constipation.
More Commonsense Health for You:
Foods High in Fiber & Fiber Rich Foods
High Fiber Foods List for a High Fiber Diet
Unhealthy Food to Avoid & Foods NOT to Eat
Natural Home Remedies and Diet for Constipation