But learning how to lower triglycerides, with a healthy triglycerides diet of foods to lower triglycerides and a healthy lifestyle, is easy.
And once you know how to lower triglycerides naturally with the best foods to lower triglycerides, you’ll see that a healthy triglycerides diet not only makes your heart happy, it also offers many other health benefits.
So what’s the big secret to how to lower triglycerides naturally?
Which foods cause high triglycerides levels? And what is a healthy triglycerides diet? The answer to these questions may surprise you.
Research on High Triglycerides Levels
For years high cholesterol has gotten most of the attention. But recently scientists discovered that it’s high triglycerides, not high cholesterol that is the most significant indicator of cardiovascular disease.
Here are 3 important reasons to learn how to lower triglycerides naturally:
- A study published in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition shows, if you have high triglycerides, your risk of heart disease or stroke is 2-3 times greater – even if you have low cholesterol. [Vol. 86: 943-49]
- Drugs for lowering triglycerides have serious side effects. The American Heart Association recommends that medications only be considered after all ways to lower triglycerides naturally have been exhausted.
- Eating foods to lower triglycerides naturally has been shown to cut a person’s risk of stroke and sudden cardiac death in half.
To get the best results, keep these triglyceride parameters in mind:
- To totally minimize risk factors, aim for a count below 150 mg/dl.
- Levels of 150 to 199 mg/dl are thought to be borderline-high.
- Over 200 mg/dl are still high and put you at serious risk.
- Triglyceride levels of 500 mg/dl are extremely high.
How to Lower Triglycerides Naturally
Since triglycerides are forms of fats, you might think less fat in your diet would be the most important dietary step to lower triglycerides. It’s not.
The main culprit is sugar!
That’s right, the main foods causing high triglycerides levels are refined carbohydrate foods high on the glycemic index foods list. Sugar is why even a little alcohol causes big increases in blood plasma triglycerides.
Here’s the triglycerides diet of foods to lower triglycerides:
These 8 steps for how to lower triglycerides naturally are great for anyone with high triglycerides levels. And this healthy lifestyle and triglycerides diet of foods to lower triglycerides isn’t just for a happy, healthy heart.
Following these steps also significantly reduces your risk of diabetes and stroke and helps to prevent and relieve arthritis, cancer and depression.
More Commonsense Health for you:
How to Stop Emotional Eating
How to Lower Cholesterol Naturally
“Refined” Bad Carb Sweet Sugar Death
Complex Carbohydrate List of Healthy Carbs