And although it’s simple to boost the immune system, it’s not as simple as popping a pill.
Your immune system is a complex network of systems that work together to create immune system health. Improvement takes a holistic approach. You need to focus on creating and living a super healthy lifestyle.
How are an under-active and an over-active immune system related?
They’re just opposite ends of the same problem – poor immune system health. Healthy immune systems only fight harmful microorganisms.
Twelve Steps for How to Boost the Immune System
A smart, healthy immune system knows the difference between harmful foreign invaders and attacking normal body cells or harmless substances (causing allergies and autoimmune diseases like lupus).
And a cup of Echinacea tea or an herbal concoction won’t do the trick.
Focused healthy living is how to boost your immune system health and keep it smart. Here are the top 12 steps based on research:
1. Avoid toxins and germs. Don’t smoke or hang out with people who do. Avoid heavy metals, chemical exposure and medications with immune suppressing side effects. Wash your hands often. And practice safe sex. In other words, don’t tax your immune system unnecessarily.
2. Eat a super healthy diet. Great nutrition is critical for immune health. And while most people think they’re eating a healthy diet, studies show they’re not. Always choose quality high protein and high fiber foods and add garlic and probiotic foods for extra immune support.
3. Include more antioxidants. Proven fruit and vegetable antioxidants health benefits include immune system health. So choose more antioxidant rich produce from the healthiest vegetables and fruits list.
4. Exercise 30 minutes a day. While regular physical activity (an hour or two a day) has been shown to boost the immune system, very intense exercise weakens immunity. So work out, but don’t overdo it.
6. Drink 8 cups of water a day. Your body is mainly water, which is necessary for all systems and the disposal of waste and toxins.
8. Get enough sleep and rest. Studies show that when you get a good nights sleep you recharge your body’s battery and boost immunity.
9. Take quality supplements. Certain micronutrients have been shown to improve immune system health. So take nutritional health supplements and include extra vitamins A, B-complex, C with bioflavonoids, D, E with mixed tocopherols, plus the minerals selenium and zinc.
10. Cut way down on calories. Numerous studies have shown that calorie restriction, combined with high nutrition, can boost immune health.
11. Spend more time outdoors. Time spent out of doors in fresh air and the natural light of day stimulates immune system glands.
12. Maintain a positive outlook. A healthy social life, optimistic attitude and positive relationships have all been shown to be immune boosters.
Research clearly shows you can help prevent illness and disease and slow down aging by taking the steps above to boost your immune system. And now that you fully understand how to boost immune system health, it’s time to get busy making the necessary healthy lifestyle changes.
More Commonsense Health for You:
Most Important Foods to Buy Organic
Antioxidant Foods & Anti-Aging Supplements
Top 10 Healthiest Foods for Eating Healthy Meals
How the Immune System Works with Lymph Diagram