With our healthy carbohydrates list, you’ll see why it’s so important to choose good carbs.
Eating foods from our good carbs list can help you to have a better brain and a strong trim naturally energetic body. But choosing often from the bad carbs list can lead to overweight, heart disease and diabetes.
So it makes good sense to choose from our healthy carbohydrates list.
A healthy diet should be 45-65% good carbs, like complex carbohydrates, and 0% unhealthy bad carbs. But how can you tell the difference?
Understanding Healthy Carbohydrates in Food
Carbohydrates in food have been misunderstood for years. Numerous scientific studies show that the foods on our good carbs list are an essential part of a nutritious diet. These healthy carbohydrates give you:
- Energy fuel for physical activity,
- The nutrition needed for optimum health,
- And the nutrients necessary for good brain function.
And most of the good carbs are healthy high fiber foods that help you to:
- Lose weight,
- Lower cholesterol,
- Prevent constipation,
- Reduce triglyceride levels,
- Carry toxins out of your body,
- Avoid or even reverse diabetes,
- Maintain stable blood sugar levels,
- Decrease your risk of heart disease,
- And have much better sustained energy.
Your best good carbs sources are from this healthy carbohydrates list:
- Raw and lightly steamed vegetables,
- Legumes, beans, nuts and seeds,
- High fiber 100% whole grains,
- Raw, whole, fresh fruits,
- Most low fat dairy.
The Unhealthy Carbohydrates List of Bad Carbs
The main differences between most healthy good carbs vs bad carbs that are unhealthy is based on how much high fiber the food contains and how fast the carb sugars are absorbed into your blood stream.
Bad carbohydrate foods have been highly refined and processed, removing the majority of fiber and nutritional value. Plus, bad carbs are often loaded with unhealthy additives, preservatives and high-calorie fats.
Scientific studies show that unhealthy carbohydrate foods contribute to:
- Gaining weight,
- Heart disease,
And cause many other health problems that are skyrocketing all around the world. The “bad,” unhealthy carbohydrate foods list includes:
- All pastries,
- Jams and jellies,
- Fruit juices and drinks,
- Refined grains, like white rice,
- Bread and pasta with refined flour,
- Most pudding, custards and other sweets,
- Cakes, cookies and any sweet bakery products.
Bad carbs are high glycemic foods that cause rapid sugar absorption, creating high and low blood sugar swings. But low glycemic healthy carbohydrates absorb slowly and help stabilize blood sugar.
Benefits of Healthy Carbohydrates in Food
Our healthy carbohydrates list is an important part of a low glycemic diet. And low glycemic foods can help you lose weight, lower triglycerides, prevent heart disease and avoid or even reverse diabetes.
And since most foods on the good carbs list are high fiber foods, they also help relieve constipation, lower cholesterol naturally, detox your body, give you long lasting energy and help you feel full and satisfied.
The facts are clear – bad carbs are bad and good carbs are good!