36 Weeks Pregnancy Stages Pictures - Week 36
And now you’re coming to the end of your "big" (pun intended) adventure and beginning a whole new exciting stage of your life.
Pictures of Pregnancy 36 Weeks
Your baby is now working on putting on the extra weight necessary for the energy and warmth required during the first couple days of life.
And Baby is also working on the final stages of its lung development, so that he or she will be equipped to take that first breath at birth.
Hormones secreted from the placenta trigger milk production for nursing your baby. So your breasts may be swelling as they fill with milk. But it won't really get into full swing until your baby is born.
After Baby is born he or she will receive antibodies through your colostrum and milk to bolster the infant's immature immune system.
What's Happening at 36 Weeks Pregnancy Stages?
Healthy baby pregnancy 36 weeks:
- Baby's skin is getting pinker and less wrinkly.
- She or he is losing downy hair covering the body.
- Vernix (waxy protective covering) is wearing off its skin.
- Baby has probably dropped into heads down position by now.
- Nails have grown long and may need to be trimmed soon after birth.
- Eyes have color (usually blue), but that often changes within six months.
- Breasts may swell as they start to fill with mother’s milk.
- You could find yourself getting anxious, moody and irritable.
- You may experience rapid swings between fatigue and energy.
- Discomfort, constipation and heartburn are common experiences.
Although it won't be long now, only a very small percentage of babies are actually born on their due date. However, 95% of all births occur within two weeks before or after the due date. So be patient!
And now it's time to move on to 40 Weeks Pregnancy Stages Pictures at week 40, return to 32 Weeks Pregnancy Stages Pictures or go back to the Pictures of Pregnancy Stages of Fetal Development.
Articles you may also enjoy:
Top 10 Healthiest Vegetables List
List of High Fiber Foods with Fiber Content
Tired of Feeling Tired and Fatigue All the Time
Healthy Permanent Weight Loss Strategies that Work
You'll also want to sign up to receive our free Common Sense Health Newsletter sent out weekly. This only makes good common sense!
Just enter your email address below:
Posted in: Women's Health
By Moss Greene Google+
Digg this article!
Email this article