20 Weeks Pregnancy Stages Pictures - Week 20
By the time pregnancy 20 weeks begins you should be starting to feel really good.
You'll experience Baby moving around more actively in your tummy and will feel more and more connected – with all of the unmistakable twisting, turning, punching and kicking going on.
Plus, morning sickness is now a thing of the past. And, best of all, you're just crossing the pregnancy 20 weeks half-way-there mark.
Pictures of Pregnancy 20 Weeks
Your baby is getting to know you pretty well too by this point.
He or she can now hear the sound of your voice, the growling of your stomach, your heartbeat and the noises of the room that you’re in. As a matter of fact, those noises can get so loud that Baby actually startles and jumps moving the hands to cover his or her ears.
What's Happening at 20 Weeks Pregnancy Stages?
Healthy baby pregnancy 20 weeks:
- Baby will start to develop definite sleeping patterns.
- The skin is developing, appearing red and transparent.
- For protection, downy hair is growing all over Baby's body.
- A special “brown fat” develops to regulate Baby’s temperature.
- Baby is beginning to see, hear, taste, smell and respond to touch.
- A simple immune system helps protect Baby from infection and illness.
- Your breasts will get even bigger.
- Your appetite will probably increase.
- Freckles and moles will become darker.
- You can now often feel baby’s movements.
- Stretch marks may appear as tummy expands.
- You may experience some normal breast leakage.
- Water retention causes swollen hands, legs and feet.
- You may perspire more as thyroid gland get more active.
Maintain good posture, stay off your feet as much as possible and lift with your legs and not your back. To avoid dizziness, keep sudden movements to a minimum. And, by all means, pamper yourself.
Now it's time to move on to 24 Weeks Pregnancy Stages Pictures at week 24, return to 16 Weeks Pregnancy Stages Pictures or go back to the Pictures of Pregnancy Stages of Fetal Development.
Articles you may also enjoy:
A Healthy Pregnancy Food List
Healthy Pregnancy Weight Gain Chart
Vegetables List with Vegetable Nutrition Facts
Carbohydrate Foods List with Healthy Carbohydrates
You'll also want to sign up to receive our free Common Sense Health Newsletter sent out weekly. This only makes good common sense!
Just enter your email address below:
Posted in: Women's Health
By Moss Greene Google+
Digg this article!
Email this article