What are the Symptoms of Breast Cancer?
However, in the very early stages, the symptoms of breast cancer are not always noticeable. This is why it's so important for women to learn the natural ways to prevent breast cancer as soon as possible. Especially since the U.S. has the highest rate of breast cancer in the world.
And women in western cultures get breast cancer more than any other type of cancer, except for skin cancer. Plus, among cancer deaths for American women, breast cancer deaths are second only to lung cancer.
The 6 Main Symptoms of Breast Cancer
Since breast tissue is similar in men and women, men get breast cancer too. Although symptoms of breast cancer occur 100 times more often in women than in men, men who get breast cancer die from the disease at the same statistical survival rates as women.
The first and most common of the symptoms of breast cancer is:
1. A lump or thickening in the breast. Lymph node lumps can also be found in the armpits. In over 80% of breast cancer cases the woman discovers the lump at home. Breast lumps are often painless and most of the time they are not cancerous. But any lump that can be felt, no matter how small or insignificant, should be checked out.
Other symptoms of breast cancer include:
2. Fluid coming from the nipple. This spontaneous discharge is often associated with a breast lump and can be clear, yellowish to green, bloody or pus-like.
3. Changes in breast size or contours. There could be redness, dimpling, puckering or pitting that looks like an orange skin or a change in the feel of the breast or nipple.
4. Inverted or scaly nipples. Or any indentation of the breast skin.
5. Persistent breast tenderness, breast swelling or pain in the nipples.
Symptoms of breast cancer in an advanced stage can include:
- Skin ulcers,
- Painful bones,
- Breast discomfort,
- Or swelling in an arm (next to the breast with cancer).
As far as risk factors are concerned, most women who have one or more breast cancer risk factor never develop the disease.
So, now that you have the answer to "What are the symptoms of breast cancer?" it's time to start taking the 8 steps to prevent breast cancer before any of the symptoms of breast cancer show up.
Articles you may also enjoy:
8 Natural Ways to Prevent Breast Cancer
Smoking Health Risks and Tobacco Facts
High Fiber Food Chart Ranking Fiber Sources
Healthy Permanent Weight Loss Strategies that Work
You'll also want to sign up to receive our free Common Sense Health Newsletter sent out weekly. This only makes good common sense!
Just enter your email address below:
Posted in: Health Conditions, Women's Health
By Moss Greene Google+
Digg this article!
Email this article