Fat Burning Foods that Speed Up Metabolism
But you can't just add the best fat burning foods to your diet and still lose weight.
Research shows it's not just fat burning foods that speed up metabolism. Metabolism is also influenced by the size and timing of your meals.
So you’ll need to include all the ways to speed up metabolism naturally.
And eating fat burning foods, combined with all other ways to speed up metabolism, helps you burn more calories while you're just sitting at the computer, watching TV or even getting a good night’s sleep.
How to Speed up Metabolism Naturally in 7 Steps
Here are all 7 ways to boost metabolism by shifting your daily routines and eating the best fat burning foods that speed up metabolism naturally.
1. Eat more often. Begin with breakfast and eat at least 4, preferably 5 or 6, meals a day. Every time you eat it revs up your metabolism. On the other hand, skipping or going for long periods of time without eating causes your metabolism to slow down.
2. Have small mini-meals. Eating small, frequent meals keeps your blood sugar stable, fuels your metabolism and gives you sustained energy. If possible, taper calories to fit your daily energy output – breakfast would be your biggest meal (but not too big). And your last meal of the day, at least 4 hours before bedtime, would be your lightest meal.
3. Choose maxi-metabolism foods. Focus on whole food high fiber carbohydrates for fat burning energy. And countless studies show that good quality protein helps you build lean muscle and lose fat, so include enough protein at every meal. Also make sure you take nutritional health supplements to get sufficient vitamins, minerals and nutrients.
4. Spice up your dishes. Hot and spicy seasonings, such as chilies, mustard and curry have been found to raise metabolism by up to 40% for two or three hours. Just make sure your spicy dish is not a high calorie meal or you'll undo the fat burning advantage.
5. Drink ice cold water. Water makes up 70 to 80% of your blood and brain, so it's essential to good health. And now German researchers have found dieters can increase their metabolic rate by as much as 30% by drinking 17 ounces of cold water. Actually, just being cold increases your metabolism. Your body has to burn about 100 calories to get warmed back up to normal temperature. Plus, thirst is often mistaken for hunger, so staying hydrated can help keep you from overeating too.
6. Switch to green tea. Studies show green tea may speed up metabolism and help burn fat. So consider exchanging your morning cup of java for a mug of green tea – especially since it's also been shown to be a good source of antioxidants.
7. Get an optimum level of good fats. According to fish oil and weight loss research, certain specific omega 3 fatty acids are important for their fat conversion abilities. Essential fatty acids are also necessary to keep your thyroid and other hormonal glands working optimally.
All these fat burning ways and best fat burning foods that speed up your metabolism naturally can make getting and staying fit much easier. You may also want to learn more about how to build muscle to lose fat.
And now you know how to speed up metabolism naturally, it’s time to get started with fat burning exercises and the top 10 best fat burning foods.
More Commonsense Health for You:
Healthy Percentage Body Fat Chart
Best Fat Burning Foods for Weight Loss
High Fiber Foods List for a High Fiber Diet
High Protein Foods List with Protein Content
Halton TL, Hu FB. Journal of the American College of Nutrition. The effects of high-protein diets on thermogenesis, satiety and weight loss: a critical review. J Am Coll Nutr. 2004;23:373–85.
McManus K, Antinoro L, Sacks F. International Journal of Obesity and Related Metabolic Disorders. A randomized controlled trial of a moderate–fat, low–energy diet compared with a low-fat, low–energy diet for weight loss in overweight adults. In J Obes Relat Metab Disord 2001;25:1503–11.
Szanto S, Yudkin J. Postgraduate Medical Journal. The effect of dietary sucrose on blood lipids serum insulin, platelet adhesiveness and body weight in human volunteers. Postgrad Med J 1969;45:602–7.
Clinical guidelines on the identification, evaluation, and treatment of overweight and obesity in adults: the evidence report. National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. Obesity Education Initiative, National Institutes of Health.
Mellen PB, Walsh TF, Herrington DM. Nutrition, Metabolism & Cardiovascular Diseases. Whole grain intake and cardiovascular disease: A meta-analysis. Nutr Metab Cardiovasc Dis 2007.
Willett WC, Leibel RL. The American Journal of Medicine. Dietary fat is not a major determinant of body fat. Am J Med 2002; 113 Suppl 9B:47S–59S.
Wing RR, Hill JO. The Annual Review of Nutrition. Successful weight loss maintenance. Annu Rev Nutr 2001;21:323–41.
DiMeglio DP, Mattes RD. International Journal of Obesity Related Metabolic Disorders. Liquid versus solid carbohydrate: effects on food intake and body weight. Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord 2000;24:794-800.
You'll also want to sign up to receive our free Common Sense Health Newsletter sent out weekly. This only makes good common sense!
Just enter your email address below:
Posted in: Diet & Nutrition, Weight Loss
By Moss Greene Google+
Digg this article!
Email this article