In 28 weeks pregnancy stages pictures your little one is about the size of a cabbage.
By now Baby looks like a perfectly formed very tiny human being. And you may have gained as much as 24 pounds. But that’s good.
Why? Because that extra weight you’re putting on is necessary to nourish and cushion your baby right up until the time of delivery.
Pictures of Pregnancy 28 Weeks
Your baby is growing rapidly and space is getting a little tight, so you may feel a lot more movement as baby moves around to get comfortable. And as Baby gets more used to its environment it may actually end up in an upside down position, but that’s fine.
As you move closer to your third trimester, thw extra size and weight of your baby start to pressing down on your pelvic area and bladder, as well as on your rib cage. This might cause more frequent urination, back pain, leg cramps and swelling of the ankles and feet.
And you could also start having some Braxton Hicks contractions.
What’s Happening at 28 Weeks Pregnancy Stages?
Healthy baby pregnancy 28 weeks:
- By now your baby is able to cry.
- Baby recognizes voices and sounds.
- Rapid eye movement indicates dreaming.
- Baby can taste and is used to the foods you eat.
- Lungs are fully ready for breathing outside the womb.
- Baby can now tell the difference between light and darkness.
- Baby’s support structure of spine, joints and ligaments are forming.
Mom’s healthy pregnancy – 28 weeks:
- Colostrum is forming in your breasts.
- Weight gain rate should be a pound a week.
- Constipation and hemorrhoids can become a problem.
- You may lose some natural balance and mobility as you grow bigger.
Realize that loss of energy is common going into the third trimester. Just think about it. You and baby are getting larger and there’s greater demand on your blood circulation, respiration and vitality.
Pressure on rib cage may cause some indigestion or heartburn.
It takes extraordinary energy to create a baby, so take good care of your self. Sit down and rest whenever and wherever you feel like it.
And now it’s time to move on to 32 Weeks Pregnancy Stages Pictures at week 32, return to 24 Weeks Pregnancy Stages Pictures or go back to the Pictures of Pregnancy Stages of Fetal Development.
More CommonSenseHealth For You:
A Healthy Pregnancy Food List
Fruits List with Fruit Nutritional Value
List of Whole Grain Foods and Whole Grains Benefits
Foods that Constipate and Natural Constipation Solutions