But these low calorie snacks are also great healthy snack ideas for getting and staying fit when you’re on the go or out and about.
For healthy weight loss and maintenance, it helps to spread your calories out over 4 to 5 mini-meals or low calorie snacks a day. So our healthy snacks for weight loss are also excellent for breakfast or lunch.
And the nutritious snack ideas below can even be beefed up for dinner.
Of course taking low calorie snacks on the go requires planning and preparation. But these easy healthy snacks work so well, it’s worth it.
List of Healthy Snacks for Weight Loss and Maintenance
Here are the healthiest healthy snacks you’ll find anywhere. And to help keep you feeling full and satisfied, each low calorie snack includes some quality protein or essential fatty acids to give you more staying power.
150 Calorie Healthy Snacks List:
- ½ can of water packed salmon
- ¾ cup shelled cooked soy Edamame
- 1 oz. shelled pumpkin or sunflower seeds
- 22 raw unsalted almonds, walnuts or pecans
- Chocolate smoothie or a sugar-free protein shake
- 1 hardboiled egg and red pepper strips or baby carrots
- ¼ cup hummus dip with baby carrots or sliced red peppers
- Whole grain sprouted toast spread with 2 tablespoons hummus
- 4 Celery sticks with 2 tablespoons peanut butter or almond butter
200 Calorie Healthy Snacks List:
- ½ cup low fat cottage cheese with tomatoes, chives and low fat mayo
- ¼ cup water packed tuna with low fat mayo on a hearty rye cracker
- Guacamole dip with carrot sticks or sliced red or yellow peppers
- 1 cup berries in ½ cup low fat yogurt with 5 crushed almonds
- Apple or pear with 1 tbsp. tahini or almond or peanut butter
- An apple or pear with 1 oz. of low fat, low sodium cheese
- Whole grain sprouted toast and 1 tablespoon nut butter
- A fruit protein smoothie with one cup of frozen fruit
- Baby carrots with ½ cup of healthy hummus dip
- 3 healthy oatmeal cookies with fruit and nuts
250 Calorie Healthy Snacks List:
- 1 cup blueberries with 15 raw almonds
- 1 cup low-fat yogurt with berries and walnuts
- Avocado slices wrapped in sliced turkey breast
- 1 can water packed sardines on a rye crisp cracker
- ½ cup low-fat plain yogurt, 1 banana and ½ cup berries
- 1 cup low-fat cottage cheese with diced apple and cinnamon
- 1 cup low-fat cottage cheese and ½ cup frozen diced pineapple
- ½ cantaloupe filled with low fat cottage cheese mixed with berries
- Low-fat cottage Cheese with mayo and chives on a hearty rye cracker
These easy healthy snacks for weight loss are the healthiest low calorie snacks you’ll find anywhere. And mini-meals or healthy snacks every 3 to 4 hours will help to keep you feeling full and satisfied all day long.
So use these suggestions to come up with your own healthy snack ideas. And be sure to check all packaged food labels, since calories can vary.
To learn how to switch from unhealthy snacks to healthy snacks, check out the 12 healthy snacking guidelines for weight loss and maintenance.